DC Watt Meter, Amp Meter, Amp Hour Meter & Watthour Meter Applications
The "Watt's Up" and Doc Wattson watt meters feature a precision and rugged design suitable for a wide range of digital DC ammeter, Amp hours, Watthours and Wattmeter measurement applications.
Also see the "Watt's Up" Watt Meter user's manual for more information.
Example general applications
- As general electrical measurement multitester
- Digital panel Amp, Amp hour, Watt hour & power meter
- RV battery monitor and battery chargers
- Solar Power batteries and chargers
- Marine battery monitor and battery chargers
- UAV and Drone battery monitoring
- Electric bike batteries and chargers
- Wind Power generators, batteries and chargers
- Golf cart batteries and chargers
- Ham Radio & Amateur Radio base station equipment, battery monitoring and chargers
- Wheelchair batteries and chargers
- Electroplating and metal plating Amp Hour measurement
- Many others...
Some specific market applications
- Measure power and energy consumption of ANY DC device
- As a "fuel gage" to predict operating time
- Battery capacity and battery condition measurement, verification and comparison
- As an Amp hour counter
- As a battery tester for measuring 12v, 24v, 36v and 48v battery banks and packs.
- Ensure peak currents and power are appropriate for fuses, motors, controls, wiring and connectors
- Accurately predict battery bank charging and battery discharge time for battery chargers
- Prevent peak currents or power damaging battery banks, chargers, motor controllers, power inverters and other test equipment
- Verify within acceptable battery charge and discharge rates
- Measure a full battery charge and compare to battery capacity specification when charger claims done
- Evaluate battery charging efficiency and power inverter efficiency
- Set cutoff voltages and currents to prevent equipment damage
- Determine minimum voltage under load
- Verify component specifications
- Find intermittent electrical problems and overload conditions
- Check for wiring and connector power losses
- Replaces Amp Hour and DC Watthour and power meters
- Get much more information than Lead Acid, SLA, NiMH, NiCD, Lithium Ion and Li-Poly battery monitors or indicators give
- Your use here!